Pages

Banner

Soul Pearls, the Tears of the Soul

Sunday, December 6, 2020

MUD RED ROADS TO HELL.

 


So who did you kill, so long ago, in the 60s or 70s.

Where there was rain and mud but never snow.


Do their faces come back to you still, so late at night.


Or still wakeup now and and then, with the shakes, sweats,  and suppressed scream. 


Before you realize it was just a Memories Dream.


USMC Vietnam, 1960s


TDK.


Postscript:

Up all night, finally took a ibuprofen, this morning and Dr. Cat sleep on me.


As often comes winter, my mind and soul, if I have one still, return to Vietnam, as it was a deadly time for us. And those oh so young men, I often shareded c rations with the nights before,  so full of hope about going home died before my eyes. Yes they went home, or at least little bits and pieces we scrapped up were supposed to. And the Red mud roads to hell, ate well.


TDK,  Scribe and reluctant Sky Pilot of Summerlands.






No comments:

Post a Comment